There’s nothing quite like seeing Shanghai’s legendary Golden Age architecture, up close and personal, with insights into the architects, history and characters who lived here. Our tours have won raves from clients around the world, and from publications from the New York Times to the Sydney Morning Herald to the Global Times.
Monthly Tours: The schedule for our monthly tours is here.
Special Tours: AMOY ART DECO WEEKEND – Thursday March 23-Sunday March 26 2017. Discover the hidden Art Deco gems of Xiamen, the old treaty port once known as Amoy. Itinerary and pricing available January 2 2017. Organized in conjunction with the Asian Art Deco Alliance. Questions? email@example.com
Private & Custom Art Deco Tours
We’ll suggest an itinerary, or work with you to create a custom Shanghai Art Deco day. Some of our favorites are below – or let us know what you’re interested in, and we’ll put a custom tour together.
For inquiries, pricing, and to book: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Art Deco in the former French Concession ~ The Art Deco villas, apartments, and lane neighborhoods created between the wars in Shanghai’s most stylish quarter.
- Shanghai’s Art Deco Apartment Houses ~ The apartment houses designed when apartment living was the latest trend.
- Shanghai’s Lost Chinese Art Deco City ~ A city designed for the Nationalist government in the Chinese Art Deco style and then abandoned. Remarkable story and remarkable buildings.
- Art Deco Along Bubbling Well Road ~ The Art Deco along the old commercial corridor – concert halls, remarkable mansions, lane neighborhoods, and more.
- Art Deco Around the Racecourse ~ A stroll around the racecourse where Shanghai played: Art Deco cinemas, grand department stores, lane neighborhoods, cabarets and more.
- The Bund and Beyond ~ The Art Deco in and around the “Wall Street of Asia”, from banks and hotels to missionary buildings.
- Art Deco Hongkou ~ Art Deco beauties across the Waibaidu Bridge.
- Deco & Dumplings ~ Combine a tour of Shanghai Art Deco with a tour of our famous street food – some of Shanghai’s best street food is along Art Deco streets and alleyways.
- Shanghai Art Deco Shopping ~ It’s not just about buildings. We’ll take you shopping for furniture, vintage posters, and more.
….Or tell us what you’d like to see, and we’ll put a custom tour together.